Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

And Then My Head Exploded



I had been putting off launching a blog for way too long. I knew I would focus mainly on politics, as my thoughts (or should I say my obsession) had been frequently moving in a political direction. I was also becoming angry, agitated and deeply concerned. Perhaps my behavior was influenced by the 43rd President of the United States being selected by the Supreme Court. (In the most blatant and egregious example of judicial legislation in our nation's history.) Or maybe it was the tragic, unforgettable events on 9-11-2001, as the White House ignored warnings and failed to act, even during the attacks. Or maybe it was how fear and fear mongering soon became the White House's favorite political tool, used frequently for diversion, manipulation and control. It could have been how the so-called "War on Terror" was diverted to Iraq killing tho
usands, including over
2000 U.S troops. Whatever the impetus, I found myself speaking passionate, sometimes satirical commentary to a select group of like-minded friends and family members. We started e-mail groups, and would exchange links to articles, reports, and documents to help educate one another while exposing lies, hypocrisy and corruption.

At the same time, I would quietly seethe and simmer as those who dared to speak out were labeled "unpatriotic" and "anti-American." I would become enraged as the Administration threatened American citizens and warned of imminent threats to advance their agenda. I became nauseated as the main stream media pedaled one-sided, right-wing propaganda and called it journalism. I became disgusted as religious leaders continued to influence the government with their radical, fringe ideology. I would grimace when anyone who opposed the Iraq war was branded a "troop hater" or "traitor". As new atrocities, lies, and spin emerged on an almost daily basis, a voice inside my head start speaking louder and louder. "THIS IS INSANE, THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS, YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!", the voice would say, in a impassioned, ascending pitch. The voice was like a beast, growing with unstoppable veracity as it fed on a staple diet of information overload and a lust for truth. The beast's voice continued to get louder and LOUDER, my anxiety level skyrocketed, my blood pressure soaring off the chart....

And then my head exploded.
As I mopped up the mess, a simple yet logical solution emerged. Left Brain Blue. A way to vent, to quell and channel my inner "turmoil"? Absolutely. An avenue for writing and creative expression? Without a doubt. A vehicle to help invoke change? Perhaps.

As additional thoughts, ideas and observations appear on Left Brain Blue, perhaps an opinion will be changed or an idea inspired. Agree or disagree, a dialog might be triggered and I welcome your comments. As the current
Administration continues to reveal its own incompetence, corruption and scandal, change will be an inevitable outcome. We should welcome and embrace this change. And become the force behind it. The spirit and resolve of the American people is too strong to be oppressed, to persistent to be denied a voice. The time to take our country back is NOW. This country belongs to the People. Speak up. Speak out. Educate yourself and share the information with others. Start a blog, write a song, write an article, run for office. Put your US Senators and House Representatives phone numbers on speed dial and call them. Use their email/mail addresses and write them on every issue that concerns you. Vote. Encourage others to do the same. The time for change is NOW.

Comments:
Being one of the friends that you refer to, I think its about time because YOU are friggin' HIGH-LAR-EEE-US.

Good going. And I am writing songs...lots of them.....and they all have the same lyric "Aauuughhhh!!!!!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home